Temperament of nature

Monsoon had just crept in
The soil had moistened
Fresh fragrance was in the air
The sky had softened.

I was at a foothill
At early daybreak
Fondling with a fancy
Of taking up a trek.

I succumbed to my desire
And set onto the path
Enjoying the pleasant nature
Hoping for a rainy bath.

The clouds touched the hilltop
Obscuring the twilight
Ready to pour down on me
So much for my delight

Small creatures on my way
Rushed out of shelter
Trees swayed in the breeze
Mist made me falter.

But the sun peeped from east
Crowning the mountain top
Moved briskly over the ridge
As a spotlight would hop.

I sprinted up to reach
The quick rising waterlog
Which uncurtained the stage
Spreading a wild wind and fog.

In some time I was up there
After a hearty run
Looked back upon the troden road
And found it glistening in the sun.


I will put up the context in which the poem was written and its reference very soon...















Comments

  1. Well-composed, as always.. Keep it up !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gud yaar deepti .....tune hi likha hai na ..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alvida

When The Buddha Smiled on India...

A Brave Heart!