Abstract...-W

           Abstract art forms have always puzzled me. Whenever I witness an abstract art form I wonder 'why should one complicate one's ideas while expressing them?'. After all, expression is a medium of putting forth your thoughts in an organised manner. I have seen abstract dance forms which guard veiled ideas or meanings. Abstract movies/plays are meticulously directed to offer the precise theme and message. Abstract paintings portray different meanings to different viewers. They have always disturbed me in terms of clarity and transparency. After speaking to some people who practice and master such art forms here is what I inferred:


ABSTRACT

When thoughts dig deep
And form a heep

When brain forms a clench
Lest it should belch

When words do not work
Under fear they lurk

When expression must be subtle
Yet, the fervour should not shrivel

Then,
What rescues is the art
What takes shape is Abstract.

Comments

  1. Nice one. I some(many) a times found though that abstract art is just abstract and often equivocated as a veil for not being able to come up with something specific. I consider definite and well defined art forms to be generally superior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. I would say abstract art comes up when we are unable to find a subject. if you consider any era, there were specific themes which were in vogue..so mostly people stuck to it..but now, we have no limits..we can try anythng..
    As in if you start doing anythng, there is always this difficulty(you must have experienced when writing a blog...what to write)..same way!!
    May be, this has given rise to abstract forms..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alvida

A Brave Heart!

When The Buddha Smiled on India...